Major District 2-A2 Goals for 2012-2013
Lions international has stated that there are five essential elements that go into keeping a club healthy and fully functioning. They are community service, membership growth, leadership development, communication and organizational management. As your governor, I hope to focus on each and every one of these elements in some capacity, whether it is through recruitment and retention, or through training programs that provide the leadership and expertise to better meet the individual needs of the clubs and the district as a whole. Remember that our motto is, "We Serve" and in order to continue to serve our communities as Lions we need to be committed, have fun and stay focused.
We Serve Because We Care
As Governor of District 2-A2 I hope to:
- Challenge each club to have a positive membership by bringing in new members that can help increase service and better meet the identified needs of their communities.
- Promote the youth opportunities program. By doing so we have a direct influence on our youth, with the opportunity of promoting service.
- Encourage and promote training programs to Lions clubs in the area's orientation for new members, club excellence and other training programs that will build leadership, set realistic goals and help to better meet the needs of our communities.
- Form new Lions Clubs in the areas that will best meet the identified needs of their community through service projects.
- Challenge each club to be in good standing with District 2-A2, MD-2 Texas and Lions Clubs International.
These goals cannot be accomplished alone, but together, with your support and commitment, we can accomplish these goals and help make District 2-A2 grow healthy, build future leaders and continue to provide a needed service to our communities.